Police Misconduct
Robert C. Allen
  1. Home
  2.  » Police Misconduct

Were You Injured During An Arrest?

Police misconduct and police brutality upon arrest happen all too often in and around Escambia County. The news media reports on police shootings, overuse of tasers and racial profiling during “stop and frisk” actions have not curtailed police from crossing the lines of permissible action.

When you believe the police used undue violence during your arrest, speak to an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. You may have cause to file a civil action against such behavior. If you have injuries sustained during an arrest, call the law office of Robert C. Allen, P.A., as soon as possible. With over 30 years of experience, our legal team can help you explore your legal options for obtaining justice such as filing a lawsuit against law enforcement and the city or county the misconduct occurred, as well as the local or state prosecutors.

Were You Wrongfully Charged For A Minor Or Serious Crime?

Police must have probable cause before arresting a person for suspicion of committing a crime. State and federal laws protect people by ensuring strict procedures are followed before, during and after an arrest for suspicion of criminal activity. However, police often go outside of the bounds of procedural due process. Call the law office of Robert C. Allen, P.A., if you are contending with police misconduct involving:

  • False accusations
  • False arrest
  • False evidence or contraband
  • Excessive force
  • Police assault during an arrest
  • Stopping you with no probable cause
  • Racial profiling
  • Entering your private residence without a valid warrant

Allegations of criminal conduct can be hard to shake off even in a country where one is supposed to be “innocent until proven guilty.” Convictions can carry significant consequences beyond imprisonment and high fines. Loss of a job, broken family relationships and destroyed social reputations can also become lifetime penalties for many after a false arrest. But fighting charges based on police misconduct are difficult to battle on your own, despite state and federal constitutional protections.

Put A Stop To Police Misconduct

Do not let police misconduct go unchecked. Speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney who will protect your rights. Call the law firm of Robert C. Allen, P.A., at 850-308-6188 for a consultation to discuss your case. You may also reach our firm online.